Monday, August 27, 2007

Greetings!

A little over two months I said goodbye and headed off to Belize. Little did I know I had so much to learn (the least of which is that my communications options are very limited, but I hope they will be improving shortly). I'm posting this first blog four days after completing the training phase. An today I began my assignment - literacy advisor for a church-sponsored school in a small sea-side village. Belize has adopted a church-state cooperation in the management of their "public" schools. Some of these schools are run by Catholic, Methodist, Anglican churches or by the government itself, but all follow the same state-sponsored curriculum with some room for individualization.

I'll try to share some of my impressions. Hope you'll find something of interest to you!

1 comment:

Pam C said...

Bertie, This is so exciting. Now you need to learn how to put pictures of you and that beautiful place on your blog. Pam C